Thursday, October 27, 2011

COUCH MAKEOVER

My mum has this hobby of collecting antique and second hand furniture with the view to revive it. One of these pieces she had sitting around was a wicker outdoor setting that has definitely been 'pre-loved'. A double and two single seated set. It was kind of in bad shape - sun damaged wicker and the fabric was a little dodgy to say the least!
Photobucket
I had this grand idea to do it up for Salem's baby shower. Time kind of ran away from me though and it wasn't till the Thursday before the shower that it really got started! Call me crazy, but a vision is a vision, and I wasn't going to drop it without giving it a good go! Eden (another of my sisters) painted the frames white and my job was the sewing/re-upholstery part. 

I ran out of fabric and time in the end, so I only just the double seat was done in time. But I did whip up a couple of pair cushions to match. I think it's going to look great when it's all completed. 
Photobucket
Now that I've told you I'm going to finish it, there is no way off the hook now...you'll have to keep me accountable!!

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the pillow. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy woman! you did a great job though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great transformation! Love the new look chair - great choice of fabric and cute cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much girls! I think the pillow turned out to be my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You shared very nice and detail information with us .This article contain very useful things for us I am very excited bout this one it is so nice and very useful to us.Thank you for this information .I expect this kind of important information in future also so keep it up this nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write good content, I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )